I have finished my degree!
I leave Exeter on Sunday, returning only for a week around graduation, so I am keen to make the most of this beautiful city.
This week I’ve had my End of Season dinner with the University Athletics Club, which of course finished in the club Unit 1 (previously Arena, one of the most popular haunts of an Exeter student!).
This was followed by a trip to Exmouth beach, Hijacked Festival, a run along the quay, Radio 1 Big Weekend, and a delicious roast lunch at The Old Firehouse pub.
We were so so lucky that Radio 1 Big Weekend came to Exeter in our last year and it was amazing!! I’ve spammed you with pictures!
Things you must do if you visit Exeter…
- A Sunday Roast at The Old Firehouse – you need to get there early to avoid missing out. We were queuing up at 12! So worth it.
- Go to the beach! Exmouth, Teignmouth, Dawlish, Beer, Budleigh Salterton etc are easy to get to. The Devon coast is amazing. Other must haves include fish and chips and/or ice cream, of course.
- A walk/run/trip to the quay. Get a pizza at The Waterfront, sample a local beer from Samuel Jones, or get a giant slap of apple cake from The Coffee Cellar. Lovely.
- Do the pub quiz at The Vic! And get a pint or two…
- Cream teas at Tea of the Green are a must! Plus you can admire the Cathedral at the same time!
- Exeter is not short of cute cafes, Cakadoodledoo and Glorious Art House Cafe are two of the best.
- Take a trip to Dartmoor. It’s a half hour drive away and the scenery is incredible.
- For a delicious breakfast go to No. 1 Polsoe Cafe or Boston Tea Party. Yum yum yum.
- Top pubs are The Black Horse (get Pimms!) or The Bowling Green, it has board games and table football!
- If you’re at Uni here, you must go to a ball! Yeah, they’re over-priced but getting dressed up with your friends is the best. I love the Enchanted Garden Ball and I get to go next week!
There are so many fab things about this city! It’s so rare to have a somewhere with the perks of a city and the beauty of the countryside. I know I will be returning and I recommend it to everyone!
Have a lovely week! xx
Follow my blog on Bloglovin‘!